City Light: Vision, Values and Style
The Vision: To be a multi cultural, ethnically diverse church that thoroughly equips believers in their journey with Jesus and reaches the world through winsome, loving, and Biblically faithful means.
1. Theologically Based: We hold to the highest view of God’s Word. We believe the entire Bible is inspired, inerrant, and infallible. We look to it to guide us in our thinking, decisions, and the way we live.
2. Fervent Prayer: Corporate and personal prayer for revival, reformation, spiritual gifts, and life is the anchor and passion of our church.
3. Expositional Teaching: We believe that the way believers grow most effectively and fruitfully are when the Scripture is taught in context, verse by verse.
4. Gospel Centered: We are convinced that the center of Christianity is the life, death, and resurrection of our Lord and that the only way to everlasting life is through repentance and faith alone in Jesus as Savior and Lord.
5. Community Focused: We actively pursue loving and authentic relationships with others in the church through a variety of means, with community groups being at the top of the priority list.
6. Targeted Leadership Development: Those in leadership are carefully, prayerfully and thoughtfully selected and developed by existing leadership and ratified by the congregation.
*Those who desire to be in some form of leadership should have ambition and make it known to the existing leadership.
7. Committed Membership: Membership is a privilege for those who are committed to the beliefs and philosophy of the church, as well as in their attendance and financial giving.
* While the leadership and official church teaching must have a much tighter and unified understanding of secondary (non-salvific issues), we strive to be open in our fellowship and membership to all those who are committed to the foundational doctrines of the faith and unity among the brethren.
8. Missional Exploration: We desire to not only generously financially support world missions, but also to diligently explore ways in which to become personally involved in both local and world missions.
9. Forward Looking: Frequently evaluating and openly/candidly discussing way to improve or change on non-essential styles, methods, and appearances.
10. Educational Development: We endeavor to develop a variety of educational vehicles that may include a Christian school.
- A music style that is both soulfully modern and both free and expressive, yet structured.
- Come as you are!